H4. River Restoration Research and Planning
Program for Engineering, Hydrology, Environment, Economics and other students
Intelligentsia International has been designing a list of construction improvements along the Caloosahatchee river, which used to be before its dredging and straightening a small winding river snaking its way through Florida swamps. After its complete engineering rebuild during past decades, the river became just one straight channel. We have been working for many years on projects related to restoring remaining original oxbows and saving at least last pieces of the river legacy.
Preparing technical and formal parts of the various projects such as dredging for cleaning old oxbows, constructing docks and platforms along the river, demarcating nature and kayak trails, terracing river banks land, etc. are examples of main objectives of this versatile practical program.
List of main tasks:
- Research formal procedures related to obtaining river restoration permits;
- Document your findings in a comprehensive website;
- Assist in developing new projects design proposals;
- Study assigned design improvement from technical perspectives;
- Produce new construction drawings based on standard designs;
- Develop and organize quality scope of work;
- Conduct field surveys and draw location maps;
- Prepare budget estimates and other accompanying documents needed for full application package;
- Incorporate into your plan suggested improvements from project decision makers;
- Apply for federal, county or city permit as outlined in your specific design project;
- Assist with the actual construction processes after securing the needed permits.